Key Facts About The City Of Katy

The city of Katy is located in Fort Bend, Waller and Harris counties in Texas. It lies inside the metropolitan statistical area (MSA) Houston–Katy-Woodlands–Sugar Land. The city’s population correct as of the 2010 census was 14,102. Estimates from 2017 suggest that over 16,050 people now reside in the city. It was incorporated in the year 1945 and the current Mayor is Chuck Brawner. The total area of the city is 29.36 square kilometers and it lies 42 meters above sea level.

In the areas surrounding Katy, you will find the headquarters of many large corporations including Igloo Corporation, Academy Sports and Outdoors and BP America. The headquarters of BP America is in the Houston Energy Corridor and the corporation is the area’s biggest employer. Over 5,500 people work on the Westlake campus.

When it comes to living in Katy, TX, it is currently rated as one of the top 25 best suburbs in Houston Area to raise a family. The schools serving the suburb have excellent ratings and crime and safety stats are above better than the national average. Over 73% of people living in the suburb own their own home, while the remaining 27% rent properties. Monthly rent payments average $969 and the median home value is $156,400.

Some of the top public schools serving the Texan city of Katy include Seven Lakes High School, Obra D. Tompkins High School, Bonnie Holland Elementary School, and Cinco Ranch High School. The top-rated private school in the area is the Mirus Academy. Some suburbs in Houston that are similar to Katy include Tomball, Jersey Village, Meadows Place, and Addicks Park Ten.

Those looking to visit the city as a tourist will find that there are lots of things to see and do. Some of the top attractions include Typhoon Texas Waterpark, Mary Jo Peckham Park, Katy City Park, VFW Museum, The Johnny Nelson Katy Heritage Museum, MKT Railroad Museum, and Willow Fork Park. Willow Fork Park first opened in 2016 and features trails, lawns, a playground and a lake set over 32 acres of land. It is a great place to visit if you have your children who love the outdoors.

You will find lots of great hotels in almost every city in Texas. Room rates vary depending on the time of year and booking demand. If you don’t mind booking your vacation accommodation at the last minute, you can often save a small fortune.